Individual Technical Assistance Requests
Technical assistance is available to state and local adult protective services programs on policy, practice and administrative issues. The APS TARC assists local programs by working with their state APS program.
Below are some examples of requests we’ve received from state APS programs:
• Which states utilize Emergency Protective Service orders and what is the law/statute for each of those states?
• What are the state policies and laws around criteria for substantiating cases?
• What assessment tools are available to assist us in screening our reports/intakes?
• What states accept intakes/reports online and what are the different methods they use to accomplish this?
• What models exist to better serve clients with mental illness?
We encourage APS professionals to reach out to us for assistance by completing the Request for Technical Assistance form on our contact page. Please provide as much specific information as you can about your re-quest and we will follow-up with you.